Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Excited!

Ok, sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I've been a bit busy. I have only had one test so far and it was in Psychology and I got a 90, which I'm pretty proud of. In case you don't remember, there are a thousand people in that class and a third of them failed this test while only 17% got A's and 20% got B's and so on. Coming from Plano West really has helped prepare me for college and I am really very grateful for that. Tomorrow is my first Calculus test which I will not be studying for at all because once again, I remember everything from last year and it's too dang easy!

So you might be wondering why the title of this blog is "Excited!" Well, my mom, dad, and Hayden will be coming here this weekend for Family Day! I miss them so much and I can't wait to see them, even if it is only for a day. We will be going to the Saturday night football game and probably walk around Downtown Lawrence and whatever else we feel like doing.

On another note, Halloween is coming up! (For me, the month of October is Halloween). Marika (my roommate) and I put up orange and purple lights around the living room in our dorm as well as a "Trick or Treat" banner. I will post pictures later (yes, I promise!!!!) but it looks so festive and pretty! Unfortunately, last night as I was trying to fall asleep, Jordan (one of my suitemates) came in with a friend and started talking about how much she hated the decorations. She thought me and Marika were asleep, so she went on to rant to her friend about how she "cried" after she saw our decorations because "it's too early to be putting up Halloween decorations" and she has to "adjust". Pft. The drama never ends. Sasha, my other suitemate, however, LOVES the decorations! So they're staying. And that's that.

Interesting people I've met: I met this girl in my Career Exploration class named Yuki and she is from China. She is really nice and invited me to a Chinese Moon Festival coming up on Thursday that I will be definitely going to. Everyone in my English class is really nice, and I've made quite a few acquaintances in that class. My theatre class is where I've met most of the people that have truly made an impression on me so far this year. They are people that don't judge and that love to talk to me, and I love to talk to them!

Well, that's pretty much what's been happening in my life since the last post. College is still awesome, and by awesome I mean high school looks like a prison compared to this. I PROMISE I will post pictures on Facebook either today or tomorrow. PROMISE.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's about time! I'm happy you are having so much fun. Slap your family around for me. I mean, uh, tell them I said hi.

    ReplyDelete